Dr Gavin Moody - Writing for Publication Workshop
21 July 2010 Milestone Review Seminar Presentation Day
The School of Nursing and Midwifery will be holding the third Milestone Review Seminar for 2010 on 21 July. For a copy of the program click here
The day will include the mid-candidature milestone reviews of three School of Nursing and Midwifery RHD Candidates, while two School of Nursing and Midwifery RHD Candidates will present their research:
- Ms Isabella Zhao (PhD Candidate) The association between shift work and occupational injuries in a contemporary cohort of nurses in Australia
- Ms Anneke Bull (MPhil candidate) Spirituality and depression in the older person: What is the relationship?
The Keynote speaker at the School of Nursing and Midwifery’s Third 2010 Milestone Review Seminar will be Dr Gavin Moodie– Governance and Planning RMIT, who will present the Writing for Publication workshop.
- concentrate on writing for publication in journals
- dispel common fears about publishing and arm researchers with tools to write for publication
- discuss common problems with publishing (we must confront our demons!) and
- setting appropriately ambitious aims for a publishing program.
We would like to encourage all research scholars and academic staff to attend the Milestone Review Seminar and Dr Moodie's workshop.
For additional information on the Milestone Review Seminar please contact Allison Peacock at the School of Nursing and Midwifery.